When you register a company with Off2HK, you will not have to go elsewhere to find a place to stash your money and start building wealth.
“Hong Kong is the number one business city in Asia. It is the perfect base for companies that want to do business in mainland China and across the region.” True, but to set up a company you need a bank account. Off2HK is helping companies set up in Hong Kong, however trying to open a bank account for a small company has become a nightmare. “Hong Kong is now the strictest and most difficult environment in the world to get a bank account.”
Off2HK offers reliable and high quality services and is able to guarantee you a bank account. Leave your company registration and handling in our hands, and we will take care of it all in a highly confidential and secure way.
Bank Account Opening Requirement in Hong Kong
Banks in Hong Kong generally require the account signatories, principal directors and shareholders to be physically present in Hong Kong as part of their due diligence procedure in opening a bank account while the other directors and shareholders could have their document proof verified and signatures witnessed at one of the bank’s overseas branches at their place of residence.
Documents required for opening a commercial bank account:
- Name for each of the directors, authorized signatories, principal shareholders and beneficial owners of corporate shareholders
- Directors and Shareholders’ Residential Address Proof such as utility bills, bank statements, driving license etc.
- Board Resolution approving the opening of a business bank account
- Director’s Declaration detailing particulars of directors and principal shareholders
- Certified True Copy of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Business Registration Certificate
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Directors, authorised signatories and principal shareholders’ identity documents (identity card or passport)
- Business Plan with brief description of:
- Nature of business
- Countries of operations
- Suppliers and customers
- Forecasted turnover
- Business background of directors/ shareholders
- Relevant Business Document Proof such as invoice/ contract for sales/ purchase and company brochure
- For shareholders who are body corporate, a certified copy of an Organization Chart showing the percentage of shareholdings held by each individual and the ultimate beneficial owners of the company
- For nominee shareholders of a company, details of ultimate beneficial owners
- For ultimate beneficiaries who are trusts, a certified copy of the Trust Deed or Declaration of Trust with details of the trustees, settlers and beneficiaries
- Offshore companies that are opening a business bank account in Hong Kong will need to submit a Certificate of Incumbency and a Certificate of Good Standing in addition to the other documents
- Initial Deposit for bank account
Note: The copies of all documents submitted must be certified by either a certified public accountant (CPA), company secretary, lawyer or banker